Create New Authorization Object in SAP
The following SAP security training tutorials guides how to create authorization object in SAP step by step. In our previous training tutorials we have learnt about overview of authorization object and field values.
Step 1: – Enter transaction code “SU21” in the SAP command field and press enter.
Step 2: – It is mandatory to create object class and later we are going assign to authorization objects. On maintain authorization object screen, click on create button and then select object class.
Step 3: – On create authorization object class screen, update the following details.
- Object class: – Enter the key that identifies the authorization object class in SAP systems.
- Text: – Update the descriptive text of the auth. object class.
- After updating details, click on save button to save the configure object class.
- Author: – By default author field updates by system, i.e user id of responsible person.
Now you will get transport request, select your organization package or select local object and save click on save button.
Step 4: – Successfully we have created object class in SAP systems. Now select object class and click on create and select authorization object as shown below.
On create authorization object screen, update the following details.
- Object: – Enter the new object id as per your organization requirements that identifies the authorize object in SAP systems
- Text: – Update the descriptive text of the authorization object.
- Activity field: – Assign the authorization field to the custom authorization object, here we assigned “ACTVT” field.
Now click on permitted activities and select the activities for field and select save button. Here we selected activities of 01- create or generate, 02- change, 03- display and 06- delete.
Similarly create objects and save the data. Successfully we have created custom object class with authorization objects.