Create Composite Roles in SAP
The following SAP Security training tutorial guides you how to create composite roles in SAP step by step. In our previous training tutorials we have learnt about how to create single role and derived roles.
You can maintain composite roles in SAP systems by using one of the following navigation method.
- SAP Menu Path: – SAP Menu –> Tools –> Administration –> User Maintenance –> Role administration –> Roles
- Transaction code: – PFCG
Step 1: – Enter transaction code “PFCG” in the SAP command field and enter.
Step 2: – On role maintenance screen, update the following fields.
- Update the composite role id in the role field
- Click on composite role tab to create new composite roles in SAP.
Step 3: – In next screen, update the following details.
- Update the descriptive text of the composite role
- Enter the descriptive long text of the composite role.
- Click on save button and save the data.
Step 4: – Next click on menu and update all the single roles that you want to assign to role, that’s how we create composite role.
Step 5: – Click on users tab and update users that you want to assign to roles, then click on user comparison. Press yes to continue.
Step 6: – Now click on menu and right click on role and open folder as shown below.
No menu is available, so click on menu options and select menu options as per your requirements.
Now click on import menu icon to copy the menus
Click on save button (Ctrl+s) and save the configured composite roles data.