Create Customer master data
Customer master data can be created by using the following navigation options in SAP. You can create customer master data by using the reference customer data or creating new customer account.
Customers are business partners whom the organization does sales related transactions.
SAP R/3 Path: – SAP Menu > Logistics > Sales and Distribution (SD) > Master Data > Business Partner > Customer > Complete
Transaction Code: -XD01
Step 1: – In next screen, “Create Sales Order ” update the following fields.
- Select customer account group from the list
- Enter your company code key
- Enter your sales organization, distribution channel, division key
- Update reference fields if you want to create customer master date by reference
Step 2: – Select address tab and update the following information
- Select appropriate title (Company, Dr, Ms, Mr)
- Enter customer name
- Enter full address of customer
- Update transport zone field
Step 3: – Select payment transaction tab and update customer bank details
Step 4: – Select company code data button and update Reconciliation account and sort key.
Step 5:- Select Sales area data (Ctrl+F3) and update the following fields
- Go to Shipping Tab and update Delivery priority, Delivering plant
- Go to Billing documents tab and update Incoterms, Terms of payments, Acct assgmt group, Tax classification
After updating mandatory fields as per your business requirements, click on save button to save the configured customer master data.