Investment budget categories
The following SAP training tutorials guides you how to define investment management budget categories in SAP step by step. In our previous training tutorials we have discussed about investment program types, investment profile and budget profile.
Budget categories helps to analyse the organization capital and expenses separately. For example if capital and budget are budget categories, now you are able to plan and get the reports on capital and budget on same investment node.
Budget categories contains three configuration steps
- Activate budget categories within the investment program
- Create budget categories
- Assign an actual value percentage to each category
Step 1: – Activate budget categories within the investment program
Access the activate budget categories within the investment program screen by using following navigation method.
- Path: – Accounting > Investment management > Programs > Master data > Investment program definition > Create.
- Transaction code: – IM01
On the create invest program screen, update the following fields and press enter
- Inv.Program: – Enter the new investment program key that you want to create.
- Approval year: – Enter the approval year.
- Program type: – Update the program type.
In next screen, update descriptive text of investment description, fiscal year and its currency. After updating the entries click on save button to save the entries.
Step 2: – Define budget categories
- Path: – SPRO > IMG > Investment management > Investment programs > Budgeting in program > Budget categories > Define budget categories.
- Transaction code: – OIT8
On the budget categories overview screen, click on “new entries” to define new categories.
On the new entries screen, update the following fields
- Program type: – Update the Investment program type that budget category belongs.
- Budget category: – Update budget category id, you can enter up to 10 character alphanumeric .
- Name: – Enter the descriptive name of the budget category
After maintaining the budget categories as per organization requirements, click on save button to save the configured data.
Step 3: – Assign an actual value percentage to each category
- Path: – SPRO (Transaction code) > IMG > Investment management >Investment programs > Budget in program > Assign actual values
- Transaction code: – OIT5
Enter transaction code “OIT5” in the SAP command field and enter. On the overview screen, click on new entries button.
On the new entries screen, update the following fields.
- Ptype: – Update the program type that budget category belongs to
- Usage: – Update the appropriate id, It contains the possible three options i.e (01- capitalized assets, 02- Non capitalized incidental expenses and 00- Not assigned)
- Budget category: – Update the budget category that you want to assign the actuals.
Click on save button to save the configured entries. Successfully budget categories are defined in SAP.