Define transaction types
The following SAP CRM training tutorials guides how to define transaction types for marketing activities in SAP CRM step by step. In our previous Customer Relationship Management training tutorials we have learnt how to maintain organization data profile in SAP.
Transaction types enables the properties and characteristics of a business process such as sales orders, services, calls, etc. It can assigned to a number of business transaction categories.
Procedure to define transaction types for marketing activities
Step 1: – Enter transaction code “SPRO” in the SAP Easy Access Customer Relationship Management command field and press enter.
Step 2: – on customizing execute project screen, select “SAP Reference IMG”
Step 3: – On display IMG screen, follow the IMG path and double click on “define transaction types”
SAP Customizing Implementation guide >> Customer relationship management >> Transactions >> Basic settings >> Define transaction types
Step 4: – On definition of transaction type overview screen, click on new entries to create new transaction types.
Step 5: – On new entries screen, update the following details.
- Transaction type: – Enter four digits alphanumeric key that identifies the transaction type in SAP and update text of transaction type for.
- Description: – Update the descriptive text of transaction type.
- Leading Transaction category: – Select the type of transaction category
- Text det. procedure: – Update the text determination procedure key
- Partner determination procedure: – Update the partner determination procedure key.
- Org. data profile: – Update the organization data profile key.
- Partner function org: – Update the partner function org type, entries are like Activity partner, Employee, contact person, person responsible and employee.
- Transaction number: – Update the number range interval for internal number assessment.
After updating all the details click on save button, then you prompt for request number and select request and save the configured data.
Successfully we have defined transaction types for marketing activities in SAP CRM.