Login profiles and Password Parameters
The following SAP security training training tutorials guides you detail about login profiles and password parameters in SAP. In our previous Security training tutorials we have learnt about single role, how to create derived roles and how to define composite roles in SAP step by step.
Important Password Parameters
- Login/min_password_ing : – This parameters make you to maintain the minimum length of password
- Login/min_password_digits: – This makes you to maintain the number of digits to be maintain for password.
- Login/min_password_letters: – This parameters makes you to maintain the number of letters, for example from a to z.
- Login/min_password_lowercase: – It makes you to maintain how many lower case digits should be maintain for password.
- Login/min_password_uppercase: – It makes you how many upper case digits should be maintain for password.
- Login/min_password_specials: – It makes you how many special characters that to be maintain for password, for example special characters are @, _, !, & etc.
- Login/min_password_diff: – This parameters describes that how many character should be different for new password when compered to new password.
- Login/password_expiration_time: – This parameter describes the validity period of password in terms of days.
Lets check how this parameters are in SAP system.
Enter transaction “RZ10” in command field and enter. Here you can check difference parameters related to login system.
Select one profile from the list and select administrative profile, click on display tab to view the admin details.
Here you can view all the details of administrative date of operating system file, profile type, modified and activated data.
Now go back select basic maintenance profile and click on display button, here you can check all the work process details like system name, number, instant number, no of work process and buffer and work process.
Now go back to main screen and select extended maintenance and then click on display. Here you can view all the parameters with values.
Continue read how to create parameters in SAP step by step.