The following training tutorial takes you how to Maintain Asset Number Ranges in SAP Asset accounting.
SAP R/3 Menu path : – IMG –> Financial Accounting –> Asset Accounting –> Organisational Structure –> Asset Classes –> Define Number range Interval
Transaction Code : – AS08
Step 1 : – Enter T Code AS08 in SAP command field and press enter
Enter Company code and click on change interval
Step 2 : – In next screen, select insert interval (Shift+F1)
Update the following data
1. Enter the number to identity the number ranges
2. Update the starting number of asset number
3. Update the end number of asset number range
4. By default the current number will be “0”.
5. Select Ext option if you want this number range for external assignment.
After updating all the required data, choose save icon and again choose save icon to save the data. you have successfully maintained asset number ranges.