SAP Warehouse management (WM) Module
The following SAP training tutorials guides you about SAP warehouse management and enables to understand everything about WM and able to run a warehouse efficiently and conveniently. It is one of the important sub module of material management that controls warehouse effectively
Time and time again you may have heard of SAP systems. What you may not have come across is the SAP ware house management system. There is no question about what it is related to but understanding what it is and what it can do for you as an employee or owner of a ware house is very interesting.
What exactly is SAP warehouse management?
The SAP warehouse management system is ERP software that integrates all the functions of a warehouse and streamlines them making it easier and more effective to run the facility and ensure that you’re able to stay on top of everything and ensure that everything is in its rightful place. While this may sound like an easy task, here are some of the things that an SAP warehouse management system is able to do.
Functions of SAP Warehouse Management
The SAP warehouse management is able to control virtually anything that comes and leaves the warehouse and how fast or slow that is. However, for the sake of clarity, important specific functions of SAP warehouse management system (WMS) are as follows.
- It is able to manage the structures of the warehouse no matter how complex they are.
- SAP WM is able to monitor the movement of stock and process their differences.
- Allows for easy management of potentially hazardous material.
- SAP WM is able to make use of bar code scanners hence making the entire process of inventory much easier.
- SAP warehouse management is able to process all transactions that are carried in the warehouse including the goods receipts, issues and any stock transfers.
- SAP WM manages inventory at the storage bin level making it less hectic and more manageable.
What to consider before deploying the SAP warehouse management system.
While all the possibilities of ease and effectiveness that the SAP warehouse management offers might be like candy to the eye, it is worth remembering that before you decide to settle on this software, there are some things that you must have in consideration. These ensure that the system is not only more effective but that it is also able to serve well into the foreseeable future.
- The possibility of there being an improvement in the work papers or their procedure.
- The utilization of the capacity of the warehouse.
- Possibility in the improvement of the stocking in the warehouse.
- Removal, placement and transfer of stock.
- Utilization of personnel in the warehouse.
you are able to configure the system in a way that is befitting of your current and future plans of the warehouse. It also ensures that one part of the warehouse is not over utilized over the other and that the general flow of the place is balanced. Warehouse management system is quite organized and effective, better planning and configure it effectively.