Investment Budget profile in SAP
The following SAP training tutorials guides you how to define investment budget profile in SAP step by step. In our previous training tutorials we have learnt how to define investment profiles and plan profiles.
You can create IM budget profile in SAP by using one of the following navigation method.
- IMG Path: – SPRO -> IMG -> Investment management -> Investment programs -> Budgeting in program -> Define budget profile
- Transaction code: – OIB1
Step 1: – Enter transaction code “OIB1” in the SAP command field and enter.
Step 2: – On the budget profile investment profile overview screen, click on new entries to define new budget profile as per your business needs.
Step 3: – On the new entries overview screen, update the following fields.
- Profile: – Enter the new budget profile key, you can enter up to digits alpha numeric characters.
- Text: – Enter the descriptive text of the budget planning profile.
- Time Frame: – Check the total values option if the total budget project cost would be considered as its overall value, for example if a project has a total planned budget cost is $30,000 and $30,000 would be considered its overall value. Check the annual values field if the planned project budget expenditure is based on annual. For example the total planned budget cost is $80,000, the setting allows to plan the expenditure across years like $40,000 for 2013, $30,000 for 2014 and $10,000 for 2015.
- Past: – It refers to number of years before the start year that you are able to plan. For example if you update 2 in the field and starting year is 2013, the user is authorize to change or view the plan back to 2011.
- Future: – It is similar to past field settings.
- Start: – Start field refers to first year that planning will be accessible.
- Currency Translation: – Enter the exchange rate method.
- Representation: – Enter the decimal place value.
Click on save button to save the configured entries, successfully investment budget profile in SAP is maintained.